[ncl-talk] 2D Lat/Lon variables in GRIB2

Daniel Adriaansen - NCAR dadriaan at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 28 15:42:15 MST 2020

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could point me to where I could learn more about
how NCL computes the 2D latitude/longitude values for GRIB2 data?
Presumably the projection information is being read by NCL and some
transformation is occurring to back out the latitude/longitude of each grid
cell but I have been unable to locate where that is occurring or what is
being used. Thanks!

-Dan

--

*My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obliged to