[ncl-talk] NCL plot shows a shift in the coastline

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 23 15:49:42 MST 2020

Hi,

It's hard to say exactly without more information (like your script, data
source, etc). However I don't think it's a download/dependency issue. NCL
has its own set of map databases, and it appears that the lowest resolution
one is being used in your plot. For a plot at such large scale, you might
want to consider using the RANGS database:

    http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/mapoutlines.shtml

Look at item #3 "HighRes", for pointers and on where to get the RANGS
database (its not distributed with NCL, but is readily available),

Hope that helps...
Rick