[ncl-talk] Proj4 function

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 21 14:04:05 MST 2020

Hi,

A couple of comments:

i) A simple "Killed" message is the Linux kernels way of saying it
catastrophically ran out of memory. On my machine, I'm getting the
marginally more descriptive "fatal:NclMalloc Failed:[errno=12]" message. In
any case there 59709 lines in that first January file, and you are trying
to create a 59709x59709 array of floats, and that's about 14GB which is
more than my 16GB machine can accommodate.

ii) Are these irregularly spaced observational data?  Why the nlon x nlat
square array?

iii) I'm confused about the use of proj4/translate_coordinate?  You're data
are already in decimal degrees -- why project the values into an
equidistant projection?

iv) I don't understand this question:  "... it is possible to make this
projection (spatialization of these data) in the same resolution as another
data in netcdf (spatial reference) and using a shapefile for a more
specific region?"

Rick