[ncl-talk] Y-axis labels in transect script

Lyndz olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 05:35:21 MST 2020

Dear NCL-experts,

Problem:

I am using the transect script provided in the NCL webpage.
I cannot explicitly change the Y-axis labels.

I want to label y-axis with the following values:

res at tmXBMode            = "Explicit"
res at tmYBLabels
=(/875,825,775,725,675,625,575,525,475,425,375,325,275,225,175,125,70,50,30,20,10/)

This gives the following warning:

warning:_NhlCreateSplineCoordApprox: Attempt to create spline approximation
for Y axis failed: consider adjusting trYTensionF value
warning:IrTransInitialize: error creating spline approximation for
trYCoordPoints; defaulting to linear
warning:tmYBMode is not a valid resource in trans_contour at this time
warning:tmYBLabels is not a valid resource in trans_contour at this time
warning:tmYBMode is not a valid resource in trans_contour at this time
warning:tmYBLabels is not a valid resource in trans_contour at this time

Attached is the script that I am using.

I'll appreciate any help you can provide on how I can do this correctly.

Sincerely,
*Lyndz*