[ncl-talk] error while running NCL and Shape file scripts

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Wed Jan 15 01:44:37 MST 2020

Hi Sadame,

it seems that you have not set the NCARG_ROOT environment variable.

What does your system return when you enter 'echo $NCARG_ROOT' in a
terminal?
If its empty than you should have a look at
http://ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install_from_binary.shtml#SetUpEnvironment

By the way you don't have to load the gsn_code.ncl and gsn_csm.ncl files
anymore, they are automatically included.

-Karin