[ncl-talk] panel plot

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 2 10:58:16 MST 2020

Hi Ayesha,
I think if you set gsnFrame = False for all three resource lists, and after
the final gsn_panel call, call frame you should get all three fplots on one
frame.

res_sst at gsnFrame = False    ; = do not advance the frame / flip the page
res_amo at gsnFrame = False
resP at gsnFrame = False
gsn_panel(wks,(/plot_sst/),(/1,1,1/),res_sst)
gsn_panel(wks,(/plot_amo/),(/1,1,1/),res_amo)
gsn_panel(wks,(/plot_spec/),(/1,1,1/),resP)
frame(wks)   ; advance the frame / flip the page

I am guessing that all three plots will be overlaid on top of one another.
You will likely have to set gsnMaximize = False, and set
gsnPanelBottom/gsnPanelTop for all three resources lists. See panel example
#15 (amongst other examples on the panel applications page) for examples of
using the gsnPanelTop/Bottom resources:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex15
Doing this will take some trial and error on your part.
Good luck,
Adam

On Wed, Dec 25, 2019 at 7:51 PM Ashi Alam via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at ucar.edu>
wrote:

> Dear NCL user,
>
> i am trying to make 3 different sized panels into one plot. by using the
> below resources it gives me 3 panels on individual pages. please look into
> the below resources and help me to make one panel
>
> Thank you,
>
> Best,
> Ayesha
>

> ;=====panel resources==================
>
> res_sst   = True
>
>  res_sst at gsnMaximize         = True                ; make large
>  res_sst at gsnDraw              = True            ; don't draw
>  res_sst at gsnFrame             = True              ; don't advance frame
>  res_sst at gsnPanelLabelBar    = True              ; Add common label bar
>  res_sst at lbLabelStride         = 2        ; label bar stride
>  res_sst at lbLabelFontAspectF  =2
>

>   res_sst at lbLabelFontHeightF   = 0.015
>   res_sst at lbLabelFontQuality    = "High"
>   res_sst at lbLabelFontThicknessF  = 0.2
>  ; resP at pmLabelBarHeightF      = 0.25  ; Default kind of thin
>  res_sst at pmLabelBarWidthF       = 0.4
>
>  res_sst at gsnPaperOrientation="portrait"
>

>   res_sst at gsnPanelRowSpec   = True
>
>   res_sst at gsnPanelYWhiteSpacePercent = 2
>

> res_amo   = True
>
>  res_amo at gsnPanelRowSpec   = True
>  res_amo at gsnPanelYWhiteSpacePercent = 2
>

> resP                     = True                ; modify the panel plot
>  resP at gsnMaximize         = True                ; make large
>  resP at gsnDraw              = True            ; don't draw
>  resP at gsnFrame             = True              ; don't advance frame
>  resP at gsnPanelRowSpec = True
>  resP at gsnPaperOrientation="portrait"
>  resP at gsnPanelRowSpec   = True
>  resP at gsnPanelRowSpec = True
>

>  gsn_panel(wks,(/plot_sst/),(/1,1,1/),res_sst)
>  gsn_panel(wks,(/plot_amo/),(/1,1,1/),res_amo)
>  gsn_panel(wks,(/plot_spec/),(/1,1,1/),resP)

Adam Phillips