[ncl-talk] issue with resP at gsnMaximize in the Panel plots and 2nd label bar

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 25 09:43:12 MDT 2020

Hi Geeta,
It looks like you are drawing each individual plot and then advancing the
frame before your call gsn_panel:
draw(PLOT(3))
frame(wks)

remove all of the draw(PLOT  lines and the frame(wks) lines. I am
surprised you are not getting an error message when you are doing this as
you are trying to draw the same plot twice.

Assuming you corrected the definition of PLOT to be of size 4, there are a
few other steps you can take to try to minimize the space between the
panels (and therefore increase the size of each panel).
Try setting these:

rescommon at tiMainOn = False   ; turn off main title; do not save space for
main title
resP at gsnPanelYWhiteSpacePercent = 0.0   ; set the amount of Y-axis space
between the panels equal to 0.

Hope that helps!
Adam

--