[ncl-talk] issue with resP at gsnMaximize in the Panel plots and 2nd label bar

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 24 10:27:17 MDT 2020

Hi Geeta,
1 - You are getting the error message because PLOT was defined like this:
PLOT            =     new(5,graphic)
but then  4 plots were specified in your call to gsn_panel:
gsn_panel(wks,PLOT,(/4,1/),resP)

Set PLOT = new(4,graphic) and the error will disappear.

2 - If you set cnFillOn = False, NCL will not draw a labelbar even if you
set lbLabelBarOn = True. You will need to use gsn_labelbar_ndc
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_labelbar_ndc.shtml>
or gsn_create_labelbar
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_create_labelbar.shtml>
.
I prefer gsn_labelbar_ndc unless you need to attach a labelbar to a plot.
See the examples at the bottom of the gsn_labelbar_ndc documentation page,
specifically the first example, for how to use this procedure.

3 - There are numerous ways to alter the labelbar, most of which are shown
in the labelbar applications page here:
 http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/labelbar.shtml

Hope that helps!
Adam

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 5:39 AM Geeta Geeta via ncl-talk <
ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hi
> I am making panel plots with 4 rows and 1 column.
> I have set following resources in the PANEL plots
>
>       resP        =  True
>
>       resP at gsnMaximize        = True                ; maximize plots
>       resP at gsnPanelLabelBar  =  True
>       resP at lbOrientation  =  "Vertical"
>

> So 1st problem is panel plots are very small. this is the error coming.  I have defined 4 rows and 1 columns and the no pf PLOTS=4
> then why this warning message is coming
>
> (0) Warning: gsn_panel: you have more plots than you have panels.
> (0) Only 4 plots will be drawn.
>
>  2.  The second label bar wrt the Q contour is not shown.
>

> 3. How can I adjust the two label bars. (one for filled contours and other for the line)
>
> kindly suggest.

> ncl-talk mailing list
> ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu
> List instructions, subscriber options, unsubscribe: