[ncl-talk] NCL_Add_Grey_Bar_at_Bottom_Vertical_Cross_Section

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 4 04:58:48 MDT 2020

In NCL that graphic is best plotted as a long thin rectangle, not a line.
Use the gsn_add_polygon function.  Example 2 on that function's
documentation page does almost exactly what you want.

The resources gsnDraw and gsnFrame, and sequencing of the two plot commands
and the draw and frame statements are important.  In the order shown, they
cause the polygon to be drawn as an overlay on the base plot, instead of on
a separate page.