[ncl-talk] warning:ContourPlotInialize: no valid values in scalar field; ContourPlot not possible: [errorno=1101]

Alessandra Giannini alesall at iri.columbia.edu
Mon Apr 20 05:24:41 MDT 2020

hi there, Dickson,

1) could be that the way you’ve set your contour levels does not match the values of the field you want to plot.
In that regard, what is the output of the command line:

printMinMax(y, 0)

[line 62 in your script]

2) but I also note that you’ve set:

res2 at mpLandFillColor       = “white"

[twice, at lines 123 and 131]

What happens if you comment these two lines out?

warm regards, alessandra

—
Alessandra Giannini
IRI for Climate and Society - The Earth Institute at Columbia University
P.O. Box 1000, Palisades NY 10964-8000
phone/fax: +1 845 680-4473/4864 - email: alesall at iri.columbia.edu