[ncl-talk] Calculate Relative Vorticity with uv2vr_cfd

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 5 07:58:30 MDT 2019

NCL does not have an explicit function to calculate vorticity and/or
divergence for curvilinear grids.

Rick suggested:    *https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/regrid.shtml
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/regrid.shtml>*
Specifically: *rcm2rgrid_Wrap *
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/rcm2rgrid_Wrap.shtml>
Then, if you want to place the values on the original WRF grid:
*rgrid2rcm_Wrap*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/rgrid2rcm_Wrap.shtml>

More complicated but more efficient:

*https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml*