[ncl-talk] read variable in hdf file

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 3 09:26:33 MDT 2019

Hi,

My colleague Dennis Shea took a look at this file in HDFView, and noticed
that the icons associated with the three variables you want to access
indicate "Vdata" variable-types. Unfortunately, VData types are not
supported in NCL. Dennis provided a link to a past discussion from ncl-talk
on this topic. which might provide a workaround:

*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/talk_archives/2013/3723.html*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/talk_archives/2013/3723.html>

Wish I had a better answer...
Rick