[ncl-talk] Hown to turn on color fill of map with add labelbar

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 14 16:29:43 MST 2019

I spoke too soon -- I *do* know the reason this occurs:   add_labelbar is
an internal function is gsn_csm.ncl!  But its being redefined at the top of
your script after gsn_csm.ncl is loaded. Thus internal code within
gsn_csm.ncl ends up trying to call your version, which expects different
parameters, and things go downhill from there quickly.

So (much to my relief), if you merely rename your version of add_labelbar,
the setting of gsnOldLabelBar is not necessary (you'll probably still want
lbLabelBarOn=False or you'll still end up with 2 overlapping labelbars).

Rick