[ncl-talk] Hown to turn on color fill of map with add labelbar

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 14 16:22:37 MST 2019

Hi,

Try adding these resources to your mpres variable:

  mpres at gsnOldLabelBar = False
  mpres at lbLabelBarOn = False

This works for me. I do not have a good explanation for why this is needed.
The gsnOldLabelBar is an undocumented, "internal", resource; its set to
True by default.  I traced into the code far enough to see that there is an
interaction with that resource=True and cnFillOn=True. But there must be
more to it than that, or otherwise we would see this issue all the time.
There's evidently a bug in there somewhere, but I am not in a position to
go track it down.

Setting lbLabelBarOn = False is not strictly necessary, but if you don't
you'll get a second labelbar that is for the terrain. In the current setup,
it partially overlaps the labelbar you are explicitly adding.

I hope that helps...
Rick