[ncl-talk] Contour plots Overlay

MELISSA KAZEMI RAD mk1369 at scarletmail.rutgers.edu
Fri Nov 1 10:21:20 MDT 2019

Hi,

I have an urgent problem. I have two 2D datasets with dimensions height and
time. However, they differ in their height dimension size; one has 26
vertical levels that ranges from 0 to 1500 m, the other 100 vertical levels
that range from 0 to 3000 m. I'd like to overlay the second dataset (line
contour) on the first one (filled contour), but I'm running into problems
because the base plot has fewer vertical levels. I tried res at tfDoNDCOverlay
       = True but it's not working.

I was wondering how I could achieve this overlay. what I'd like to be able
to draw the base contour plot so that it takes the lower half of the plot,
and then overlay the line contour plot, and then write the Y axis labels
that range from 0 to 3000.

I'd really appreciate any help.
Melissa

--