[ncl-talk] gsn_csm_hov and gsnYRefLine

Giorgio Graffino g.graffino at tim.it
Wed May 29 07:22:10 MDT 2019

Dear NCL people,I am struggling on using the resource gsnYRefLine in Hovmoeller plots generated through gsn_csm_hov.
Basically, I am trying to draw few reference lines (corresponding to major volcanic eruptions) in a series of time vs longitude plots, generated by using gsn_attach_plots. Every time I set the relevant resource, I obtain the following warning:
warning:gsnYRefLine is not a valid resource in Windstress_timeseries_contour at this time
I managed to obtain a decent result (see figure attached) by including a bunch of gsn_add_polyline commands in the code, but I'd like to know if there is a more elegant way to implement that, or either a way to use gsnYRefLine in a gsn_csm_hov plot. Any suggestions? Did I miss anything?
Best regards,Giorgio