[ncl-talk] country border westerly shifted

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Fri May 10 09:51:17 MDT 2019

I'm not sure this is correct, but at least the data seem to align better
along the eastern shoreline (although it looks like the categorization is
off by one).

The examples page for lambert conformal on a native grid advises these
settings:

  res at mpLimitMode         = "Corners"           ;;;; not "LatLon"
  ndimsLatLon = dimsizes(lat)   ;; should be 62 x 91  (lat x lojn)
  res at mpLeftCornerLatF  = lat(ndimsLatLon(0)-1, 0)    ;;;; not min(lat)
  res at mpLeftCornerLonF  = lon(ndimsLatLon(0)-1, 0)   ;;;;min(lon)
  res at mpRightCornerLatF = lat(0, ndimsLatLon(1)-1)   ;;;;max(lat)
  res at mpRightCornerLonF = lon(0, ndimsLatLon(1)-1)   ;;;;;max(lon)

Check out the examples page at:

  http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/lcnative.shtml

I hope that helps...
Rick