[ncl-talk] Overlay on panel plots

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue May 7 09:59:32 MDT 2019

Hi Nkese,
I see two issues:
1) A plot that is to be overlaid on another plot cannot be created by one
of the *_map* plotting routines. So change this:
plots(nmo) = gsn_csm_vector_map(wks,uwnd_monthly(nmo,:,:),vwnd_monthly(
nmo,:,:),vecres)
to this:
plots(nmo) = gsn_csm_vector(wks,uwnd_monthly(nmo,:,:),vwnd_monthly(
nmo,:,:),vecres)

2)  You are overwriting your plot array every time through your loop.
Change this:
         overlay(plot(nmo),plots(nmo))
         plot       = plot(nmo)
     end do