[ncl-talk] stream function calculation

Gang Lu ganglu at ucar.edu
Wed May 1 17:28:49 MDT 2019

I am trying to calculate and plot stream function for ionosheric plasma
drifts (2D vector field similar to wind field), and I come across this NCL
function (uv2sfvpf) which seems to be what I need.
But I am not a NCL user and I am using IDL to write my own analysis codes.
I wonder if you could point me to the source code behind the "uv2sfcpf"
function so that I can modify it for my purpose.

Rick Brownrigg kindly pointed me to "sph2W.c" and "sp2_util_dp.f" on
Github. However these

are not the source codes for calculating the stream function.

I apologize if this is not the right group for posting such a question. But

I would appreciate nay help that you might offer.

Gang Lu
High Altitude Observatory
3080 Center Green Drive, Boulder, CO 80301
email: ganglu at ucar.edu
Phone: 303-497-1554 (office); 303-495-9990 (cell)
Fax: 303-497-1589