[ncl-talk] Asymmetric Sigmoidal function Error

ABDULLA SAKALLI abdulla.sakalli at iste.edu.tr
Wed Mar 20 01:24:11 MDT 2019

Dear All,
I’m trying to calculate the wind production of a wind farm. According to the data sheet of the wind turbine, I should use a 5th grades asymmetric sigmoidal function which is:

f(x)=d+(a-d)/(1+(x/c)^b)^m

d=2510.02
a=27.02
b=4.53
c=587.02
m=186038500

where x is the wind speed (3 m/s — 25 m/s).

When I run the code, the results are 27.02 which is equal to parameter “a”.

I cannot see any error during the script’s run. Does anyone has an idea or suggestion how I can fix it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Assoc. Prof. Abdulla Sakalli

Iskenderun Technical University
Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Dept. Industrial Engineering
Merkez Kampus
Iskenderun-Hatay-Turkey
as at abdulla-sakalli.com