[ncl-talk] Label bar

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 18 11:41:33 MDT 2019

Hi Yongzuo,
I like what you did with gsn_create_labelbar to create the existing legend.
Unfortunately, I do not think you can use that method to draw polymarkers.
I think the best option is to manually draw the polymarker and label with
calls to gsn_add_polymarker and gsn_add_text.

See the polygon page here: https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml
Specifically, see the wrf_nogsn_poly_5.ncl example script:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/wrf_nogsn_poly_5.ncl

If you have any further questions let ncl-talk know.
Adam

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 9:52 PM Yongzuo Li <yongzuoli79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Attached are NCL codes and plot. How can I change thick lines to DOTS
> inside box at bottom right corner?
>
> Thanks
>
> Yongzuo

Adam Phillips