[ncl-talk] Killed problem

Vanúcia Schumacher vanucia-schumacher at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 15 12:39:47 MDT 2019

Hi NCL users

I am not able to plot 20 years of MODIS data spatially. Each file (every year) has 3.3 GB.
And I get the ncl message "killed" when I try to plot. It is probably a lack of memory, although it is using a machine with 64 GB of memory.
So, any ideas how I could read this data and plot, perhaps decreasing its size?

The original data was in hdf, but the ncl also breaks if I try to read 20 years of data at once to plot, so I separated each file by year, selecting the variable and region of interest, creating netcdf files.

Thanks for any help