[ncl-talk] NCL plot: Three output files

Lyndz olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 03:03:20 MDT 2019

Hi,

Did you specify the gsnDraw and gsnFrame for both res and slp_res?
Something like this:

  res = True
  res at mpOutlineOn  = True
  res at gsnDraw      =  False         ; do not draw the plot
  res at gsnFrame     =  False         ; do not advance theframe

    slp_res = True
slp_res at gsnDraw = False
slp_res at gsnFrame = False

*    plot = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,eth,res)         ; create a default
plot    plot2 = gsn_csm_contour(wks,slp,slp_res)         ; create a default
plot    overlay(plot,plot2)                       ; overlay the slp plot on
the eth plot   draw(plot)                                     frame(wks)*

Delete first the images. Then add those lines in your script.

Best,

*Lyndon Mark P. Olaguera*
PhD Student
Laboratory of Climatology