[ncl-talk] r,theta (radar) plotting

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 8 15:42:23 MDT 2019

Not sure what you are asking: What does "my TRMM rainfall data" look like.
===

Generally: TRMM is on a 0.25 global rectilinear grid [400x1440] spanning
49.875S to 49.875N

===

If you have the latitudes and longitudes corresponding to some  r,theta
[say: plat(:,:), plon(:,:) ] then use

res at sfXArray = plon
res at sfYArray = plat

and use appropriate contour function.
====

If you want to specify some central location [clat, clon] then maybe

*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/regrid.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/regrid.shtml>
Example 15

If you do not want the plot over a map: eliminate 'mp' related resources
and use (say) gsn_csm_contour instead of gsn_csm_contour_map. See the
leftmost and center figures.