[ncl-talk] r,theta (radar) plotting

Md. Jalal Uddin dmjalal90 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 23:52:52 MDT 2019

Hi all,

How can I plot my TRMM rainfall data as a similar to radar_2 example (
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/radar_2.ncl)?

 How can I modify here?

angles       = f->azimuth
  angles(0:63) = angles(0:63)-360     ; fix to make angles monotonic

  DEGTORAD = 0.017453292519943
  xcenter  = 0.0
  ycenter  = 0.0
  radius   = 960 * 0.25 ; this is radius in kilometers

; Create 2D coordinate arrays.
  inc      = radius / (dsizes(1) - 1)
  x        = inc * ispan(0,dsizes(1)-1,1)
  angles2d = conform(dbz,angles,0)
  x2d      = conform(dbz,x,1)
  xarr     =  xcenter + x2d  * cos(DEGTORAD * angles2d)
  yarr     =  ycenter + x2d  * sin(DEGTORAD * angles2d)

Best wishes,
Jalal
--
*Md. Jalal Uddin*
MSc in Applied Meteorology (English Language)