[ncl-talk] Regridding Multiple Moving Nests into One Domain

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 17 14:05:18 MST 2019

Yes. Details are necessary.
You should *always *include a printVarSummary or information from
ncl_filedump or 'ncdump -h'

This is an outline. You will have to alter for your use.

If the source variable [say, 'x' ] generically looks looks like:
Dimensions and sizes:   [time | 318] x [lat | 1202] x [lon | 1202]
Coordinates:
            time: [? ]   ; ?ine time
            lat: [   latMin ... latMax]   ; units degrees_north  ; lat(lat)
            lon: [   lonMin...lonMax]  ; units degrees east    ; lon(lon)

===
 latGrid =                                   ; destination latitudes
 lonGrid =                                  ; destination longitudes
 nLatGrid = dimsizes(latGrid)
 nLonGrid = dimsizes(lonGrid)
 stdGrid   =  new( (/ntim,nLatGrid,nLonGrid/),
typeof(x),getVarFillValue(x)) ; destination grid

do nt=0,ntim-1
     lat_nt  = ...     ; rectilinear latitudes for current (nt) time
     lon_nt =         ;                 longitudes
     stdGrid(nt,:,:)    =  *linint2_Wrap*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/linint2_Wrap.shtml>
(lon_nt, lat_nt, x_nt(nt,:,:),  False, lonGrid, latGrid, 0)
 end do

 printVarSummary(stdGrid)