[ncl-talk] Problem using 'overlay' procedure

Anne anne.seidenglanz at unive.it
Mon Jan 14 11:20:35 MST 2019

Thanks, Rick, I will try what you suggested. To point 1, trying to get dots
instead of lines (for significance), those are the resources I used:

; ** PLOT 2 ***
  res2 = True                            ; res2 probability plots
  res2 at gsnDraw             = False       ; Do not draw plot
  res2 at gsnFrame            = False       ; Do not advance frame

  res2 at cnLevelSelectionMode   =  "ManualLevels" ; set manual contour levels
  res2 at cnMinLevelValF      = 90        ; set min contour level
  res2 at cnMaxLevelValF      = 100        ; set max contour level
  res2 at cnLevelSpacingF     = 0.1        ; set contour spacing

  res2 at cnMonoFillPattern = True
  res2 at cnFillPattern     =  17
  res2 at cnFillDotSizeF      = 0.5

  res2 at cnInfoLabelOn       = False       ; turn off info label
  res2 at cnLinesOn           = False       ; do not draw contour lines
  res2 at cnLineLabelsOn      = False       ; do not draw contour labels
  res2 at gsnLeftString       =  ""
  res2 at gsnRightString      =  ""

  res2 at gsnMaximize        =    True         ; enlarge plot
  res2 at gsnAddCyclic       =   True

  plot_stat   = gsn_csm_contour(wks, aveX, res2)    ; aveX = 95% stat sign.
  overlay (plot_a, plot_stat)

 draw(plot_a)
 frame(wks)

*where*
plot_a = gsn_csm_contour_map (wks, var_diff(0,:,:), res)

*So I used*
 res2 at cnMonoFillPattern = True
  res2 at cnFillPattern     =  17

to get the dots instead of lines. But this did not work and I still see
lines instead of dots.

Any hint welcome,
thanks,
Anne