[ncl-talk] Problem using 'overlay' procedure

Anne anne.seidenglanz at unive.it
Sat Jan 12 12:27:16 MST 2019

Hi everyone,

basically, I am coming with 2 issues here:

1) I am trying to stipple the 95% statistical significance, for this
purpose I have set 2 resource lists: one for the base contours, and one for
the stat. significance contours on top. For the resource list on top, I
have set

  res2 at cnMonoFillPattern = True
  res2 at cnFillPattern     =  17

to get the dots instead of lines. Somehow that change didn't work. Did I
miss something?

2) How do I panel plots that are produced using the 'overlay' procedure? I
have tried using

plot(0) = overlay(plot1, plot_stat)
plot(1) = oberlay(plot2, plot_stat)

etc. but that gave me an error message.

Thanks for any help and sorry if I had missed these issues in earlier
conversations.
Anne

For point 1), here are my resources:

; ** PLOT1 **
... res1 resources, filled contours, all good....

     plot_a = gsn_csm_contour_map (wks, var_diff(0,:,:), res)

 ; ** PLOT 2 ***
  res2 = True                            ; res2 probability plots
  res2 at gsnDraw             = False       ; Do not draw plot
  res2 at gsnFrame            = False       ; Do not advance frame

  res2 at cnLevelSelectionMode = "ManualLevels" ; set manual contour levels
  res2 at cnMinLevelValF      = 90        ; set min contour level
  res2 at cnMaxLevelValF      = 100        ; set max contour level
  res2 at cnLevelSpacingF     = 0.1        ; set contour spacing

  res2 at cnMonoFillPattern = True
  res2 at cnFillPattern     =  17
  res2 at cnFillDotSizeF      = 0.5

  res2 at cnInfoLabelOn       = False       ; turn off info label
  res2 at cnLinesOn           = False       ; do not draw contour lines
  res2 at cnLineLabelsOn      = False       ; do not draw contour labels
  res2 at gsnLeftString       =  ""
  res2 at gsnRightString      =  ""

  res2 at gsnMaximize        =    True         ; enlarge plot
  res2 at gsnAddCyclic       =   True

  plot_stat   = gsn_csm_contour(wks, aveX, res2)    ; aveX = 95% stat sign.
  overlay (plot_a, plot_stat)

 draw(plot_a)
 frame(wks)

--
Nota automatica aggiunta dal sistema di posta.