[ncl-talk] Regional stereographic plot - latitude labels

David Hebert, Code 7322 david.hebert at nrlssc.navy.mil
Wed Jan 2 15:07:58 MST 2019

I am attempting to make a regional plot using stereographic projection, and
limit the projection using 'corners'. I am getting only  longitude labels
along the bottom and left plot boundary. See attached plot.

The relevant settings I am using in my script are:

  res at mpProjection          = "Stereographic"

  res at gsnAddCyclic          = False

  res at mpGridAndLimbOn       = True              ; turn on lat/lon lines

  res at mpPerimOn             = False             ; turn off box around plot

  res at pmTickMarkDisplayMode = "Always"      ; turn on ticks

  res at tmYROn = False

  res at tmXTOn = False

  res at mpGridLonSpacingF = 15.

  res at mpGridLatSpacingF = 2.

  ; set map limits based on tlat,tlon

    res at mpLimitMode        = "Corners"

    res at mpLeftCornerLatF   = tlat(0,0)

    res at mpLeftCornerLonF   = tlon(0,0)

    res at mpRightCornerLatF  = tlat(nj2-1,ni2-1)

    res at mpRightCornerLonF  = tlon(nj2-1,ni2-1)

    res at mpRelativeCenterLon         = True      ; set a center lon

    res at mpCenterLonF                = 180.0

    res at mpRelativeCenterLat         = True       ; set a center lat

    res at mpCenterLatF                = -90.0           ; center lat

Any suggestions on how to get the latitude labels on the left axis? Thank
you for your help!

David A. Hebert

Oceanography Division, Code 7322
Naval Research Laboratory