[ncl-talk] Error in "cremapbin": Could not map global lat array into grid array.

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 28 18:56:03 MST 2019

Bonjour Adriana,

The *area_conserve_remap *and *area_conserve_remap_Wrap* have been
*deprecated*.
The* ESMF regrid* <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml> library
is the recommended replacement. It uses a superior methodology.

The *source* and *destination* grids are both *rectilinear*.

I modified one of the rectilinear-to-rectilinear grid examples.

Attached is a sample script that uses ESMF conservative remapping. It
creates:

[1] An ESMF weight file that can be used on subsequent regrid variables.
[2] A netCDF file containing the regridded emissions variable.
[3] A panel plot showing the source and regridded variables at an arbitrary
level and time.
     NOTE: Volcano emission(s) are point source(s) so the plots won't show
much.

You can copy and modify the attached file to interpolate (regrid) to
different resolutions.

====

*%>* ncl adriana.esmf_regrid_1.ncl

Cheers