[ncl-talk] check_for_y_lat_coord

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 25 15:10:38 MST 2019

Hi,

I don't have a means to open the .rar file you sent, but it sounds like its
the latitude and longitude variables in the file are what do not have the
units attribute.  From your printFileSummary(tp):

Variable: tp
Type: float
Total Size: 3755712 bytes
            938928 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes:   [time | 1262] x [latitude | 24] x [longitude | 31]
Coordinates:
            time: [1008072..1038336]
            latitude: [41.25..24]
            longitude: [42.75..65.25]

we can see there's already coordinates attached to tp. Perhaps try
verifying that longitude and latitude in your file are lacking units, and
if so, add them to those variables -- I don't think you want to do what you
found on the link you cited.

Hope that helps...
Rick