[ncl-talk] Does gsnRefLine change the data?

Anne anne.seidenglanz at unive.it
Mon Feb 25 06:31:42 MST 2019

Dear all,

when I insert a simple reference line at zero on the y axis of a scatter
plot, my data points seem to magically change... I have plotted it once
without and once with the reference line, and I have added nothing else but
adding these resources:

        res at gsnYRefLine = 0.0
        res at gsnYRefLineColor = 1
        res at gsnYRefLineThicknessF = 0.2

and the blue dots (which are ensemble means) have changed! They seem to
cluster around the refline. Is there some magical attraction of gsnYRefline
that I didn't know of?:)

thanks for any hint,
Anne