[ncl-talk] advice for a scatter plot

Cathy Smith cathy.smith at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 20 09:09:01 MST 2019

NCLers

I would like to create a scatter plot of 2 time-series. That part is
easy in NCL :) But, I would like to color the markers as a function of
time. That is, if the time series were monthly from 1980-2010, then the
the dot for Jan 1980 pair of values might be blue while Dec 2010 would
transition to red. Is this possible? I see several NCL examples where
the color can be a function of the time-series values but not the itself.

Thanks for any advice.

Cathy

NOAA/ESRL PSD and CU CIRES
303-497-6263
https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/people/cathy.smith/

Emails about data/webpages may get quicker responses from emailing
esrl.psd.data at noaa.gov