[ncl-talk] Determining index values associated with aerosol subtype

Srishti Dasarathy srdasara at ucsd.edu
Tue Feb 19 17:15:16 MST 2019

Dear NCL-talk,

I've modified a script (attached) that allows me to use hdf files and plot
a vertical feature mask of aerosol subtype across lat/lon values and
altitude. As of now, I'm trying to determine a method that allows me to
pick out the clean marine aerosol subtype specifically and determine their
index values, which should theoretically form a 2-D array of lat/lon values
and altitude. Is there a simple way to do this, as I'm already able to
construct the vertical feature mask using the attached script? All I want
is to extract the clean marine aerosol signal. I've also attached an
example representative figure of what this vertical feature mask plot looks
like.

Also, if you have any advice about this script in general it would be much
appreciated! I have modified it from an earlier script, and there are parts
I'm struggling to understand and it often gives me 'failed to plot' errors
that I haven't been able to figure out as to why...

Thank you,
Srishti

--
Srishti Dasarathy