[ncl-talk] Axis truncation

Buzan, Jonathan jbuzan at purdue.edu
Fri Feb 15 11:00:55 MST 2019

Hi Adam,

I have to think about it.  This isn’t the most pressing thing at the moment!

-Jonathan

On Feb 15, 2019, at 6:07 PM, Adam Phillips <asphilli at ucar.edu<mailto:asphilli at ucar.edu>> wrote:

Hi Jonathan,
Adding to Rick's reply: There is no automatic function that does it, but you could manually truncate it yourself (or create your own function to do so). This isn't as compact or clean as the example Rick pointed to, but I've attached a simple example that was created by calling gsn_csm_contour twice. If you're interested in creating your own function for boxplots, I would think a few calls to gsn_add_polyline, and a call to a modified version of the boxplot function would be needed.
Adam