[ncl-talk] graphics quality of paneled plot

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 11 17:41:09 MST 2019

I have had similar good luck with "pdf" output type which also preserves
NCL's vector graphics.  Now I recommend only vector formats for crisp
publication quality graphics -- pdf, ps, svg.  I think eps is good too, but
I have not tested it in several years.

Also note, most post-processing with "convert", ImageMagick, and similar
raster tools will silently rasterize your vector graphics files, removing
the ability to zoom to infinite resolution for best quality publication.

My understanding is that wks_type at wkWidth and wks_type at wkHeight only affect
PNG format, and have no effect on vector formats.

--Dave