[ncl-talk] xy plot: line with varying colors based on its value

Tabish Ansari tabishumaransari at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 09:54:54 MST 2019

Hi

I want to draw an xy plot with 20 lines (different set of data) stacked on
top of each other, but I don't want each of these lines fully in a single
color. Instead I want these lines to keep changing their color based on
their value.

Say the data varies between 0 to 40. I want to create 8 intervals of range
= 5 units, and therefore 8 different colors:
say lightblue - blue - green - yellowgreen - yellow - orange - red -
purple.

Is it possible to keep changing the xyLineColors resource accordingly?

Thanks

Tabish

Tabish U Ansari
PhD student, Lancaster Environment Center
Lancaster Univeristy
Bailrigg, Lancaster,
LA1 4YW, United Kingdom