[ncl-talk] plot spatial distribution of BELD3 data, proj-provided lat/lon is good enough!

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 7 13:46:02 MST 2019

I'm not sure I understand this question. Are you talking about regridding
the data so that it is on the same grid as the WRF data?  NCL's ESMF
regridding tools should do the job for you. I'm not completely familiar
with them, but I suspect your input grid would have to be in geographical
coordinates. This gets tricky -- the projected coordinates are not explicit
in your file -- they are implied by an origin (in meters) and by a delta as
one steps across rows/columns.   The corresponding geographical coords
would be curvilinear due to the Lambert projection, and these would need to
be computed and stored explicitly in the file before the ESMF gridding
could be applied.  Software like ArcGIS *might* be able to help you with
the first step -- ArcGIS does read and write NetCDF.

I unfortunately don't know all the steps offhand -- it would take some
experimentation to find out what works   :-/

Rick