[ncl-talk] Plotting station data as contour

MeteoBB info at meteo-bb.de
Tue Feb 5 10:22:16 MST 2019

Hello,

I tried to plot station data of surface temperature on a map as a
contour plot. I'm not satisfied with the result (see attached picture
AreaFill.png).
It all seems so angular. My grid is not regular because of the station
data.

Switching from AreaFill to RasterFill results in a litte better plot
(smooth contours) as you can see in the picture attached (RasterFill.png).
*res at cnFillMode = "AreaFill"
res at cnFillMode = "RasterFill"*

I tried to regrid the triangular mesh (unstructured) station data to a
structured grid using *natgrid*?
But it fails ...

Do you have any ideas for a better plot? Or what is the correct way to
plot such station data as contour?

Regards
MeteoBB