[ncl-talk] Error subscript mjoclivar_14 : Dimension sizes of left hand side and right hand side of assignment do not match

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Sun Dec 29 22:55:12 MST 2019

We need to show you how to debug, instead of just giving you the answer.
Whenever you get this ...

*"Dimension sizes of left hand side and right hand side of assignment do
not match"*

... then you need to show printVarSummary of the left hand and right hand
sides, NOT the original data.  Here you would add two statements between
lines 78 and 79, because the program breaks on line 79.

printVarSummary (work)
printVarSummary (read_rename(f,"U_anom",iStrt,iLast,latS,latN))

Line 79 will work only if all dimensions are exactly the same size, between
left and right.  Now you will need to explain why one or more of the
dimension sizes are different here.

Note to others:  There is more going on here than just "use the
reassignment operator".