[ncl-talk] Error on doing mjoclivar_2

Rashed Mahmood rashidcomsis at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 09:29:05 MST 2019

Hi Reza,
I am not an expert on MJO. However, in this case the problem is that you
changed time selection only at the top of the script (which is for
calculating climatology) and you did not change time selection for plotting
anomalies at these lines:

        ntBegin   = ind(yyyymmdd.eq.*19961001*)
        ntEnd     = ind(yyyymmdd.eq.*19970401*)

So for the selected times of 20170101 to 20181231, the above will result in
missing values and hence failure of the script. In the attached, I changed
the above lines to:
           ntBegin   = ind(yyyymmdd.eq.ymdStrt)
           ntEnd     = ind(yyyymmdd.eq.ymdLast)

And that works just fine.

*NOTE that in the attached I just chose times from 20150101 to 20181231, it
is up to you to decide which periods you want for climatology and which
periods you want for plotting anomalies. For anomalies it is always
recommend to use several years to get appropriate climatology, 2 years
would in my opinion is too short for climatology. *

*Do not forget to change the path for "diri" in the attached.*

*hope that helps,*
*Rashed*