[ncl-talk] Attempting to read output *.hdf or *.nc files

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 17 15:21:04 MST 2019

I have no idea why you are having issues.

  dirhdf = "./"
  filhdf = "test.regional.hdf"
  pthhdf = dirhdf+filhdf
  fhdf   = addfile(pthhdf, "r")

  gbin_hdf = fhdf->GBIN
  printVarSummary(gbin_hdf)
  printMinMax(gbin_hdf,0)

  dirnc  = "./"
  filnc  = "test.regional.nc"
  pthnc  = dirnc+filnc
  fnc    = addfile(pthnc, "r")
  gbin_nc = fnc->GBIN
  printVarSummary(gbin_nc)
  printMinMax(gbin_nc,0)

====================== OUTPUT==============
Variable: *gbin_hdf*
Type: float
Total Size: 422500 bytes
            105625 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes: [lat | 325] x [lon | 325]
Coordinates:
            lat: [40..46]
            lon: [-80..-71]
Number Of Attributes: 3
  _FillValue : 9.96921e+36
  long_name : BINNED_AVERAGE_Optical_Depth_047_grid1km
  hdf_name : GBIN
(0) BINNED_AVERAGE_Optical_Depth_047_grid1km : min=0   max=0.595

Variable: *gbin_nc*
Type: float
Total Size: 422500 bytes
            105625 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes: [lat | 325] x [lon | 325]
Coordinates:
            lat: [40..46]
            lon: [-80..-71]
Number Of Attributes: 2