[ncl-talk] How might I keep the map size constant?

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 12 10:43:08 MST 2019

Hi Barry,

I don't know for certain what's going on, but I speculate its the
PlotManager trying to account for the different lengthed titles. One thing
that comes to mind is taking over the job of drawing the title yourself.
That is, set res at tiMainString = "", and then using gsn_text_ndc() to draw
the label. This gets the PlotManager out of the picture. See example
text_2.ncl at:

http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/text.shtml

Note the setting of gsnFrame=False, and the explicit call to frame(wks)

Maybe someone has a better approach to this issue, but I hope that helps...

Rick