[ncl-talk] Not getting the original lat-lon label in contour map

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 5 07:51:47 MST 2019

You must study the excellent document by Karin and Michael Böttinger of DKRZ
<https://www.dkrz.de/>
  *http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/NCL_User_Guide/*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/NCL_User_Guide/>

[1] You used *gsn_csm_contour* which contours the values *but does not draw
a map!*
                plot = gsn_csm_contour(wks,cv,res)
     You must use *gsn_csm_contour_map *to get a map background
                plot = gsn_csm_contour*_map*(wks,cv,res)

[2] Basic to NCL: the 'cv' variable **must* *have the lat/lon coordinates
associated with it.
     This is how the mapping knows where to plot the data.

Please *study* the attached. The printVarSummary are there for you to look
at the output.