[ncl-talk] Not getting the original lat-lon label in contour map

Atul Saini atulsainimail at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 07:29:10 MST 2019

Hi dear Karin,
              I followed the same as suggested by you but it could not
result into expected output. On the other hand I did 'ncdump -h' on the
data file and it shows that data file contain the detail of unit of
coordinate variable. May be I am still doing mistake somewhere, please
suggest what should be done now, when setting lat lon unit do not work?

a=addfile("WesternAgroClimRegion_MonthlySum_1901_2017Jan.nc","r")
b=a->rf
lat at units = "degrees_north"
lon at units = "degrees_east"
aveg=dim_avg_n(b,0)
stdev=dim_stddev_n(b,0)
;stdev = where(stdev.ne.0,stdev,stdev at _FillValue)
cv=(stdev/aveg)*100
;*****************************************
;create plot
;*****************************************
  wks  = gsn_open_wks("png","CV_map")   ; send graphics to PNG file
  res                     = True          ; plot mods desired
  res at cnFillOn            = True          ; turn on color
  res at cnLinesOn           = False
  res at cnFillMode          = "RasterFill"       ; Raster Mode
  res at cnFillPalette       = "gui_default" ; set color map
  ;res at vpWidthF           = 0.5          ; change aspect ratio of plot
  ;res at vpHeightF          = 0.3
  res at gsnMaximize         = False          ; maximize plot size
  ;res at gsnDraw            = False
  ;res at gsnFrame           = False
  plot = gsn_csm_contour(wks,cv,res)       ; contour the variable
  frame(wks)
  end

Regards,