[ncl-talk] resolution of images

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Wed Dec 4 06:48:55 MST 2019

Hi,

I presume your output format is either postscript or PDF?  As I recall,
there was no way to alter the resolution of those formats with the
cairo-based graphics drivers, However, if your use of color is fairly
straightforward (no opacities, only workstation colors, etc.), then the
original drivers are still available as "oldps" and "oldpdf". In that case
you can use the resources wkPSResolution/wkPDFResolution to alter the DPI
of the output:

    http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/wk.shtml

I think these might need to be set at the time the workstation is opened,
so it would be something like:

  wksType = "pdf"
  wksType at wkPDFResolution = 600
  wks = gsn_open_wks(wksType, "myplot")