[ncl-talk] grib projection conversion

Micah Sklut micahs2005 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 15:00:29 MST 2019

Hi,

I'm interested in the best way to convert lat/lon and corresponding data
values from GFS grib data into Mercator projection values. The use case is
not for mapping in NCL, but taking an input grib file and converting values
to an output grib file.

The GFS data I have is 0.25x0.25, so 1440x721 values, so I believe I'm
looking for the Mercator projection to provide 1440x1440 values, where the
lat/lons are spaced according to the Mercator projection. Is there a
conversion function in NCL that will do this?

Thanks!

--
Micah Sklut