[ncl-talk] Issues with Date Strings in Plots

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 29 10:36:19 MDT 2019

You might take a look at this function to address your time-axis labelling:

http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/User_contributed/time_axis_labels.shtml

Its quite flexible and you'll need/want to experiment a bit, but its basic
usage is it modifies the "res" resources variable you pass into plotting
routines; something like:

res = True
restick = True
restick at ttmFormat = "%Y/%N"     ;; will give labels like yyyy/mm
time_axis_labels(time_f, res, restick)
;;;  now "res" will have additional labeling resources added to it
plot = .....

I hope that helps. I don't really understand your second issue.

Rick