[ncl-talk] Issues with Date Strings in Plots

Zach Rieck zrr817 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 20:14:42 MDT 2019

To Whom it May Concern-

I have two issues that I am beating my head against the table trying to
solve. The 1st, along the lines of my subject is regarding getting my plot
to show dates instead of "days since 2001" in the x-axis. I've tried using
some supplied code in the documentation regarding time resources, but I
can't get it to work with my code. The time snippet I have is correct, so
if I can just solve this issue my plot will be good to go.

The 2nd issue I am running into is that my 2nd plot (from WRF data) is
showing 0 for all my values when I am plotting it, despite the fact that
printing the gridpoint variable gives the right output. I can't provide the
file due to its massive side and location on cloud storage (it would take
at least 10 hours to download locally). I know this isn't particularly
helpful, but if it its at all possible to look at my code and see if there
is something I might be doing wrong I'd really appreciate it.

I'll attach here the code file as well as the data file for my 1st plot and
the output so you can see it. Any advice/ help is greatly appreciated.

-Zach Rieck
zrr817 at gmail.com
(513)-502-5652