[ncl-talk] systemfunc: cannot create child process:[errno=12]

adriana.bossolasco at cnrs-orleans.fr adriana.bossolasco at cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed Sep 26 04:52:55 MDT 2018

Hi everyone

I have a problem reading multiples netcdf files with systemfunc.
Actually I think is not a problem really of the reading because I check
that part and seems ok, but the problems appears to be with the graphic.

I have the next code (attached file):

where every MAM_GEOS_8y_rest.cam.h0.2001 files have a size of 2.6G and
are daily files

So the code first read all the files and then when I try to do the plot
in "png" says the following error:

fatal:systemfunc: cannot create child process:[errno=12]
fatal:["Execute.c":8640]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 3482 in
file /usr/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8640]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 142 in
file vertical_distri_2001.ncl

However if I put in wks the graphic in screen view i.e "x11" the code
works and I get the graphic, but in others formats no.

I thought that maybe was a problem of memory, so I modified the
.hluresfile file and increase the memory, to *wsMaximumSize: 3000000000,
but doesn't work and I still get the same error.

Can anyone tell me why this happen, it is a bug of ncl or a problem of
memory?

I will appreciate any help!

Thanks

--
Adriana Bossolasco
LPC2E UMR 7328 (CNRS, Université d'Orléans)
e-mail: adriana.bossolasco at cnrs-orleans.fr